20 November 2012

TTT: Top Ten Books I'm Most Thankful For

Thanksgiving Week Edition of Top Ten Tuesday!  Top Ten Books We're Most Thankful For is what we're talkin' this week!  And boy oh boy do I have books I am thankful for! Join in the fun at The Broke and The Bookish!


1- The Art of Racing in the Rain: Garth Stein
This book showed me how to feel for a dog that wasn't my own, and how to care for characters more than any other book has been able to.  I am going to forever recommend this book to anyone with a heart.

2-The Outsiders: S.E. Hinton
For being the best book EVER - in eighth grade, and now! This book has stood the test of time.  Just like Ponyboy and Dallas.  And if you haven't read it? Don't talk to me.

3-The Green Mile: Stephen King
Don't ask questions.  Just read it.  This book is amazing, and it shows you a side of life you will never (hopefully) see otherwise.  Life on Death Row.  Its so, so, so, amazing.  And written by the King of Horror.  Can't go wrong.

4-Delirium: Lauren Oliver
For showing me life after The Hunger Games.  Oliver showed me that I COULD love another series as much as The Hunger Games!  I love this series and CANT WAIT for its conclusion in 2013!

5-Slammed: Colleen Hoover
What's that? I haven't talked about this book enough? Okay, good! I didn't think so either! ;-) Slammed is one of those books that stays with you, and leaves you thinking about how it made you feel.  It is just.. EPIC.

6-Where She Went: Gayle Forman
For beautiful writing, amazing characters and keeping me on the edge of my seat.  I love Gayle Forman OH SO MUCH.  She truly has a beautiful way with words.

7-The Kite Runner: Khaled Houssini
Seriously, this book is a masterpiece.  I thought I'd hate it.  I put off reading it.  I tried to avoid it.  But I had to do it.  And boy am I glad I did!  This is a must read, and I truly believe I will never read anything like it ever again.

8-The Maze Runner: James Dashner
This book is unlike any other dystopian I have touched.  The world building is truly phenomenal.  However, this book is on the list for a more important reason!  It is what made me want to start blogging!  So in essence, it brought me to you guys! :-)

That's it for this edition!  I'm not putting ten, cuz well.. I never do.  And I'm in a bit of a rush today! I hope you all have a GREAT Thanksgiving!  Don't forget some wine, and your sweatpants for after the feast!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...