10 January 2013

THURS THOUGHT:What We Don't Talk About..DNF-ing

 In this weeks thought we discuss DNF-ing.

sOOooo.. after devouring GONE GIRL, and Just One Day, and Up To Me, I had intended on reading The Book Thief.  However, I feel it is NOT agreeing with me.  And I almost want to blame myself.  I feel we all do that.  And I am one to DNF books if I feel I can not get through them. [For those who do not know, DNF= do not finish].  But to me, I'd rather cut my losses than suffer through a miserable reading experience.  I love reading, and I would like to keep it that way.  So I give EVERY book a fair chance [about 100 pages] and then I make my decision.

But, THIS is a book I want to read, just not right now.  Have any of you had this happen?  And you have to move onto something else?  How do you determine what you want to move onto?  What do you think about putting books down?

Do you have any suggestions, such as just powering through?  Have you had any DNF-ing issues?  Sometimes I experience genre slumps as well, where I can't get out of one genre, and then I need a .. what I call breather book.  Breather books tend to be novellas, or quick reads, or even a series book that I'd been meaning to get to.

I HEAR YA DAWSON! [from MeMeGenerator]

What do you guys think?  Tell me your experiences! Does it hurt you to DNF a book?




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...