23 August 2012

Review: Confessions of an Angry Girl [Louise Rozett]


Confessions of an Angry Girl

(Confessions #1)

by 

Pre-Order Your Copy: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Summary:
Rose, a high school freshman is pushed into a world where she feels she does not belong. Things are changing, friendships are being tampered with, and nothing feels familiar anymore. Along the way, she encounters romances, scrutiny, rejection, and more. It is the telling tale of what it is to be young, and what hardships that sometimes means we have to deal with. Rose’s best friend, Tracy is now one of those “gotta be popular girls”, while Rose is just trying to make it through the days. Her crush has a cheerleader girlfriend, her father is dead, her mom and her barely speak. Rose’s brother, Peter; also may have left her known by some upperclassmen, since he has recently graduated and is now away at college. I mean, its not an easy freshman year for Rose, but it sure as hell an interesting one…

Review:
Rose. I just loved her. You can see her tortured soul peering out through the pages. The way Rozett writes her character is wonderful. Rose has a huge heart, but she can’t seem to find out what is worth giving it to, and what is not. You feel for Rose at the loss of her family in this book. Since her father is gone, it is hard enough. But, Peter, Rose’s brother is harboring resentment, which in turn, makes Rose even more angry than she already is.

There were excellent parts of this book. The romance with Jaime was really great. There was mystery and allure there. However, I felt it should have been expanded on. I wanted to hear more about Jaime, and his story. However.. I learned why that didn’t happen; in the end. [Read to find out]. The friendship with Tracy was done so well. Honestly, this is what happens in high school, people argue and fight and bicker, especially as teen girls. Rozett showcased that for the reader, and it was impeccably done. The character of Robert (aka, the boy pining after the girl who won’t have him) was hysterical. It was only funny because it is SO TRUE. Rose does have a tendency to take advantage of Robert, and he blatantly points this out. Think back to high school. Come on ladies! (and gentlemen) how many times did this happen? It is just amazing how much of this story I have witnessed in real life. It is probably why I loved it so much!

Overall, I really enjoyed Confessions of an Angry Girl. I will absolutely be back for more, because there are questions that I need answered. I’m hoping the things I am left wondering about (and ultimately the reason I rated the book a four instead of a five) are answered for me. I would definitely say for any fan of YA contemporary to give this one a look! If for anything, do it for Jaime. I don’t know why but he just pulled me in and there is mystery within him that I just need to know more about!

Confessions is being released August 28th, 2012.  Check it out!

Disclosure: I was given a review copy of this book through NetGalley and HarlequinTEEN, this however, does not effect my opinon whatsoever.  A big thank you to Harlequin for the opportunity to review this book*


Rating:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...