24 July 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (7/24)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, participate! Its way fun ;)
This weeks topic is: Top Ten Most Vivid Worlds/Settings in Books


Usually, I post this early.  Today I worked 12 hours and had no time.  But it was eating me alive to not have a TTT post done.  So here I am, first writing it at 9:15 at night.  This is for my devotion to my blog and my readers, and my sanity. Let's get this show on the road!  All links go to Goodreads, as per usual.

1- The Hunger Games: Suzanne Collins- Honestly, who didn't picture themselves in the arena at least once while reading Suzanne Collins' epic trilogy?

2- Anna & The French Kiss: Stephanie Perkins- Miss Perkins knows how to paint us a lovely picture of Paris, that's for sure! I went to the movies with Anna, did touristy things with her and St. Clare and had a flat out ball! 

3- Shatter Me: Tahereh Mafi- That prison was bleak, dark, and cold! And I felt it all.  Tahereh Mafi transported me throughout this entire novel, and it was freakin' awesome.  

4- Where She Went: Gayle Forman- The second installment was WAY better in my eyes (second to If I Stay) for many reasons, but Where She Went took me through New York City in such a beautiful way.  I had meals with Adam while exploring the city, and felt every emotion he did.  It was amazing.  Gayle Forman, props to you.  
5-1st To Die: James Patterson- James Patterson had to make my list.  This was my first novel of his that I ever read, but let me tell you I was on a murder investigation with Lindsay Boxer and her crew.  I was in that police station and kicking ass morning til' night.  He is SO good at painting the picture for the reader.  Ugh, James & I are always gonna  be tight! ;)

I'm not going to push it.  I don't want to add to the list just to get to ten.  These are the ones I feel VERY strongly about.  I was sucked into their world and couldn't get out.  This isn't something that happens with every book!  But when it does, damn I just love it!  So you are aware, before I am asked, Harry Potter is not on my list solely because I have not read it.  I thought you should all know.  

Anyway, til the next time, see ya !  Oh, and since I'm wired from being overtired from a 12 hour work day, tweet me, comment me, whatever, I'll be answering til the wee hours of the mornin'!





1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Oh you've got to read Harry Potter! Harry's world is absolutely addictive!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Books With Cass, I LOVE comments, all of 'em! I promise to reply and love hearing what you all have to say! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...