03 May 2012

Pandemonium (PARTIAL Review)



Pandemonium (Delirium #2)
by Lauren Oliver (Goodreads Author)


I'm pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,

push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.




Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.




Published February 28th 2012 by Harper Teen (first published February 1st 2012)




I was literally about to put Pandemonium down until I got to around page 90. It took a little for it to come together, and be as exciting as Delirium was. However, once it picked up, I was in love. I didn't want to put it down at all. And now I will spend the next.. 8 months waiting on Requiem.




While many people are saying that Lena is not the same character in this book, I have to disagree. Lauren Oliver makes it so we see distinct changes in Lena, but she is still the same girl. With all she's been through, she had to come to terms with a lot, and mature. We get to see this Lena in Pandemonium.


However, I will say, the romance in this one, at least to ME did not compare at ALL to Delirium. Delirium was heart-wrenching, in a good way, this one, was lacking in that area. But maybe that is what Lauren Oliver had to do to distinguish between the relationship in this novel, and the one in the last.


Nonetheless, excellent! Lauren Oliver; you are a genius. :-)


4.5/5 Stars
(It would have been five, if it didn't take so long to get sucked in)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...